The Greenland Institute of Natural Resources provides the Greenland Self Rule with advice on sustainable exploitation of living resources and safeguarding of the environment and biodiversity. The biological advice of GINR are independent of special interests and based on scientific documentation from research and monitoring.
Population assessments, advice, etc. are produced and assured in scientific committees under various international bodies:
GINR is represented in :
· International Whaling Commission (IWC)
· North Atlantic Marine Mammal Commission (NAMMCO)
· Joint Commission for Narwhal and Beluga (JCNB)
· International Polar Bear Specialist Group (IPSBG)
· International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN)
· Northwest Atlantic Fisheries Organisation (NAFO)
· Northeast Atlantic Fisheries Commission (NEAFC)
· International Council for Exploration of the Sea (ICES)
· Circumpolar Arctic Rangifer Monitoring and Assessment network (CARMA)
[Translate to English:] Højst 80.000 tons rejer i Vestgrønland. Det er den maksimale fangst af...